In a collaborative story time with Exeter YMCA, we hear Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete by James Dean and go on an adventure with Pete as he visits a fire station and rides on a firetruck, then learn how firefighters of the 18th century put out fires.
Paper Plate Firefighter Hat
What you’ll need:
1) Paint the paper plate red.
2) Cut the paper plate as shown.
3) Trim the edges so the cut part resembles a firefighter hat as shown.
4) Cut a small shield from the yellow sticky foam.
5) Write a number on the shield with the black marker.
6) Stick the shield on the hat as shown.
– Graham cracker
– Red jelly or nut butter
– 2 chocolate cookies or round crackers
– pretzel sticks, or strawberries, fruit roll ups, anything to use for a ladder
– Use a plastic knife to spread the jelly or nut butter on one graham cracker square.
– Add 2 chocolate cookies or round crackers
– Add a ladder made from pretzel sticks or strawberries, fruit roll ups, etc.