Homeschool Day: Colonial Living Days Spring 2020
June 12 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on May 15, 2020 at 12:30 pm
One event on June 12, 2020 at 12:30 pm
A day just for homeschoolers! History comes alive as students travel to the 18th century to learn about daily life in the colonies. Possible activities include:
- Don colonial clothing and learn about the wardrobe of a colonial child
- Hear about the day in the life of a militia man from a local Revolutionary War participant
- Try out some colonial games, including hoops and graces
- Participate in a mock one-room school house demonstration
- Hear stories of sailors and maritime adventures
- Use a quill pen to write
- This is not a drop-off program. Parents must accompany children for the duration of the program.
- Admission for the program must be paid in advance. Payment may be completed either online or at the museum. No refunds will be made unless the Museum cancels the event.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled program for check-in.
- The event will take place rain or shine. Please ask your students to dress appropriately for the weather, as some activities may take place outside.
- Due to the historic nature of the buildings, the museum is not handicap accessible.
- Parking is quite limited, so carpooling is encouraged. Two hour on-street parking is available and the Museum’s parking lot is located on Spring Street (behind Folsom Tavern). Please do not park in the lot located near the Ladd-Gilman House (yellow building) and bank or bank parking lot.
- Please feel free to utilize museum grounds for lunch, but please be sure to take any trash with you.